Domains with special characters can only be used on a Jimdo Creator website as an additional domain. This means that if you’d like to use a domain with special characters, you’ll need to have a basic domain registered to your Jimdo Creator website.
There are a few restrictions when using such a domain:
- Domains with special characters cannot be displayed correctly everywhere, or entered correctly, since many international visitors have letters such as ä, é or ñ.
- For technical reasons, special character domains cannot be used for creating email accounts.
- Special character domains can only be used with the following endings: .de, .at, .ch, .com, .net, .org, .info, or .biz
Registering a special character domain
If you still want to use a domain with special characters, then follow these steps:
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Jimdo Creator website’s edit mode
- In the menu, go to Domains & Emails > Domains
- Click on Add a new domain
- Enter the domain, click on Check domain and then just follow the steps