A URL is the individual address of a webpage and is generally based on the name of the page in the website’s navigation.
Changing the URL
With a premium Jimdo Creator plan (Pro, Business, SEO Plus or Platinum), you can customize URLs. Here’s how it works:
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Jimdo Creator website’s edit mode
- In the menu, go to SEO > Settings > SEO and choose the tab Pages
- Select the page, for which you’d like to change the URL
- Scroll down to Advanced Settings
- Add the customized URL in the field Custom URL and click Save
Good to know: You can’t change the URL of your homepage.
Keywords in the URL
With the help of individual page titles, you can also add keywords, which reflect the content of a page, in to the URL.
URLs of an old website
If you had another website in the past with the same domain, then you can recreate the old URLs using individual page titles. This way, your visitors will end up on the right page again.