You can register a domain directly through the menu of your Jimdo Creator website. Just follow these steps:
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Jimdo Creator website’s edit mode
- Go to Menu > Domains & Email > Domains
- Click on Add a new domain and then select Choose a new domain for your Jimdo Creator website
- Enter the domain you want in to the field and then click Check domain
- If the domain is available, click Register domain. If the domain is already taken, try entering a different domain instead
- Fill out the registration form and submit it
That’s it! You’ve started the process of registering your domain, which generally takes 1-5 days. After this, your website will be available under your new domain.
To register a domain, there are certain general rules to follow. The rules for registering a domain are determined by the registration authority for each type of domain—so for example ICANN for *.com, *.net and *.org domains or Denic for *.de domains.