Your domain is hosted at Jimdo, but you’d rather use another provider’s email system? No problem! You just need to enter MX records from your provider on your Jimdo Creator website.
Preparing for the change
Ask the provider, whose email system you want to use, for their MX records.
Entering the MX records
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Jimdo Creator website’s edit mode
- In the menu, go to Domains & Email > Domains
- Click on the domain that you want to connect
- Under the section Current email server, click on the dropdown menu to choose a provider
- Choose Custom MX records from this menu
- Enter the MX records in the field Hostname
- Click on Save
Please note, that it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect. After this, you can use all the email functions at your external provider.