Use the Video Element to embed videos from YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion on your Jimdo Creator website. Make sure that the video is public, and then simply paste the link in to the Video Element.
With the advanced settings in the Video Element, you can also choose how the videos are played.
How can I embed my video without using an external provider?
If you don't want to make your video available on either of the platforms mentioned above, you can also embed your video directly on your website using HTML5.
Please proceed as described if you'd like to give this method a try.
- Upload your video on a hidden page using the download element
- Click the Screen icon in the top right corner to open the visitor view
- Right click the download element and copy the address of that link
- Paste this address (URL) in the code below
- On your hidden page, upload a preview image for your video using a second download element. Then acquire the URL as described above and paste it in the code as well.
<video controls="controls" poster="Your preview image URL here" width="100%" height="100%"> <source src="Your video URL here" type="video/mp4"></source> </video>
- Paste the whole code into a Widget/HTML element, place that element where you'd like your video to appear and save the changes