The Page Title is the text that you see at the top of the browser, in the tab, when you open your website. This is used by Google for example as the title for search results.
The Page Title is made up of two parts:
- Page Title: this part is individual to each page. If you don’t enter a page title, the page name will be used as standard.
- Site Title: This part is the title for the whole website.
So, the structure looks like this:
Page Title - Website Title
- Best Beef Burgers - Benny's Burger Bar
- Tiny Taupe Teddybears - Tom’s Toys
- About us - Albert, the Usher
Changing the Page Title
To change the Page Title, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Creator website’s edit mode
- Go to Menu > SEO > Settings > SEO and choose the tab Pages
- Enter the title for the current page in the Page Title field
- Go to the tab Website and enter a title for the whole website in Site Title field
- Save your changes