There are countless tips and tricks out there to help you improve your website’s Google ranking. Based on Google’s recommendations and our own experiences, we’ve put together a SEO checklist for you:
- Unique text and content on your website—no other website out there has the content you have.
- A maximum of one large heading (H1) on every page. It should appear before the middle (H2) and small (H3) headings.
- Continuously update content on your Jimdo website, for example, with regular blog posts.
- Add alternative text to each image on your website.
- Your website has its own domain.
- A clear and well laid out structure for your Jimdo website.
- Every page on your website has a point and fulfills a purpose.
- Your subpages are linked with each other. It’s important that each page can be reached by a maximum of three clicks through your website.
- Your Jimdo website is linked to other websites. These could be, for example, websites from a partner, business directories, or other regional websites.
- Page title and page description for each page.
- You’ve submitted your sitemap to the Google Search Console.
- You regularly use your Statistics to analyze the traffic to your Jimdo website.
- Your Jimdo website/business has a presence on social networks or review websites (such as Facebook, Google+, and Yelp).