- If you have already connected your website to Google Analytics, no worries, your website will still be connected to your account and keep on running.
- If you have not connected your website to Google Analytics but wish to have access to statistics, please take a look at this article explaining our built-in statistics feature and how you can access them: Where do I see the number of visits to my website?
If you have a premium plan for your Jimdo Creator website, you can connect Google Analytics to your website—but first of all, you’ll need to create a free account with Google Analytics, or log in to your existing account.
- Create a new property for your website. In the advanced options of the property setup, choose to create only a Universal Analytics property. Then, enter the name of your website as well as the URL and select the correct data from the list of results.
- After you click on Tracking Info > Tracking Code, you’ll be shown the individual Tracking ID for your website. Generally, it starts with this:
- Copy the Tracking ID and then log in to your Jimdo website.
- In the menu, go to SEO > Settings > Google Analytics and insert your Tracking ID in to the empty field, then click Save.
You should be able to see the first results in your Google Analytics account after around 24 hours.
Info on data protection
In order to ensure an extensive, data-protection-conform use of Google Analytics, it is however necessary to sign a data processing contract with Google. You can find out more information about this here.