You can protect pages or entire sections of your website with a password. As soon as you have created the password-protected area, neither visitors nor search engines will be able to see the content of the area without entering a password first.
To create a new password-protected area, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Jimdo Creator website’s edit mode
- Open the Menu, then go to Settings > Password-Protected Areas
- Click on Add new password protected area
- Enter a Name and a Password for the new area and then check all of the pages you’d like to protect
- Click Save to confirm
Done! You can use your new password-protected area as a place for storing or jotting down ideas for new content. Alternatively you can give the password to a select number of visitors, so that only they have access to certain content.
How many password-protected areas can I set up?
The number of password-protected areas you can create depends on your Jimdo plan.
- Free: 1 area
- Pro: 5 areas
- Business (and up): Unlimited number of password-protected areas