With a blog archive you can make sure that older blog posts will continue to be visible to your readers.
Make a plan
First of all you should think about how you want to organize your blog archive and whether you want to separate your archive by month/year or just by year. Tip: If you have a larger blog, it makes sense to use month/year organization.
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Jimdo Creator website’s edit mode
- Click on Edit Navigation and create a separate subpage for each respective year date
- In the menu, go to Blog > Categories and click on New category
- Create a category for each month of the year
What’s important here is that the name contains both the month and the year—so for example ‘January 2017’.
- In the menu, go to Blog > Posts
- Click on one of your blog posts and in the drop down menu, choose the corresponding category for it
- Save these changes
- Repeat this for all other blog posts
Categories are stand alone pages which you can move into the correct date categories using the Edit Navigation button.
If you just want your blog archive separated in to years, then just start with the point ‘creating categories’. All you need to do is name the categories after the years, instead of months and years.