Jimdo’s own search function is included in Business, Shop, and Platinum plans for Jimdo Creator. If you use a different plan, we recommend using an external provider, Findberry. Firstly, create a free Findberry account and enter your domain. By doing so, Findberry will crawl your website.
Copying the code from Findberry
- Log in to your Findberry account
- Click on the tab Search Box Code
- Copy the code from the box Display results on the same page
Add the code to your Jimdo Creator website
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Jimdo Creator website’s edit mode
- Go to Menu > Settings > Edit head
- Enter the first part of the code (see below) and click Save
<link href="//www.findberry.com/search/css/colorbox.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
- Add the Widget/HTML Element to your page where you want the search bar to be
- Insert the rest of the code (beginning with
- Save your changes
Please be patient: The search is only ready once your website has been crawled successfully.