If you already own a domain, then you can transfer this to your paid Jimdo Creator website.
Preparing for the domain transfer
- Ask your current domain host to release the domain for transfer. You also need to ask them for the AuthCode—this will be sent to the Admin-C email address listed for your domain.
- Back up and secure any important data from your domain email account (@yourdomain.com). The email accounts are connected with the domain host you are transferring the domain away from, and can’t be transferred with the domain.
Starting the domain transfer
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Jimdo Creator website’s edit mode
- Click on Menu to go Domains & Emails > Domains
- Click on Add a new domain and then choose Use an existing domain
- Enter the domain in the field and then click Use domain, then Transfer my domain to Jimdo
- Click to confirm you’ve read the advice about the domain transfer
- Enter your AuthCode and then check if the domain owner information is correct
- Click Start transfer
A domain transfer usually takes between 1 - 5 days. We’ll send you a confirmation email as soon as the transfer is complete.