If you already own a domain, then you can transfer this to your paid Jimdo Creator website.
Preparing for the domain transfer
- Ask your current domain host to release the domain for transfer. You also need to ask them for the AuthCode—this will be sent to the Admin-C email address listed for your domain.
- Back up and secure any important data from your domain email account (@yourdomain.com). The email accounts are connected with the domain host you are transferring the domain away from, and can’t be transferred with the domain.
Starting the domain transfer (domain not set up on website yet)
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Jimdo Creator website’s edit mode
- In the menu, go to Domains & Email > Domains
- Click on Add a new domain and then choose Use an existing domain
- Enter the domain in the field and then click Use domain, then Transfer my domain to Jimdo
- Click to confirm you’ve read the advice about the domain transfer
- Enter your AuthCode and then check if the domain owner information is correct
- Click Start transfer
A domain transfer usually takes between 1 - 5 days. We’ll send you a confirmation email as soon as the transfer is complete.
Starting the domain transfer (domain already set up on website)
If your domain is already visible in the menu via Domains & Emails > Domains, simply click on the Connect domain link next to your domain, then follow the steps from the instruction above.