You can insert the Search Element on your Jimdo Creator website if you have a Business, Shop, or Platinum plan. If you use any another Jimdo Creator plan, we recommend this guide on using external search functions.
Inserting the search bar
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Jimdo Creator website’s edit mode
- Go to the page that you want to insert the search bar on—the sidebar would be an ideal place for this
- Click on Add Element > More Elements and Add-ons and insert the Search Element
Good to know: Your Jimdo Creator website is indexed as soon as you’ve added the search function. If you make changes to your website later on, these changes are automatically indexed for you.
Personalizing the search function
You can customize the search for your website by:
- Determining the width and position of the search bar
- Modifying the placeholder text in the search bar
- Choosing the sections of your website that should be searched