With a forwarded domain, the domain remains with your current domain host and you only need to make a few changes in the settings. For visitors and search engines, it doesn’t make any difference if you transfer the domain to Jimdo, or if you forward it from another host.
Adding the domain
To make sure the forwarding works without a problem, you’ll first need to associate the domain with your Jimdo Creator website in the domain management.
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Jimdo Creator website’s edit mode
- In the menu, go to Domains & Email > Domains
- Click on Add a new domain
- Choose Use an existing domain and enter the domain that you want to forward to your website
- Click Use domain
Now you’re ready to set up the forwarding at your domain provider. Jimdo supports two types of forwarders:
For your domain provider, setting up a domain forwarding is an everyday occurrence, so they can definitely help you with this. Please note that forwarding a domain is only possible with premium plans for Jimdo Creator websites.