- If these instructions don't seem to be correct for you, then you might be using our Jimdo website builder. Click on the following link to find the right article about VAT / taxes in your Jimdo online store
- Taxes can only be set if your store is located outside the EU. This setting depends on the country you have specified in the menu under Settings > General > Country in the Language tab
- If your store is located in the EU, your prices will be displayed including VAT. We recommend to include any taxes in the prices of your products. You can find more information about this in our blog:
EU VAT 2021: What’s Changing for Online Stores?
Show prices incl. VAT / Do not show VAT (within the EU)
If your store is located within the EU, you can choose whether you want to display the prices in your store with the added "incl. VAT". If you decide not to do so, you can add a text that explains why your store is exempt from taxes.
You can take care of this setting in the menu under Shop > Settings where it says Value added tax (VAT). Here, you can also specify that the entered explanation appears in the footer by checking the box Show this note in my footer.
Where do I specify the general tax rate? (only outside of the EU)
In your Creator online store, you have the option to specify a general tax rate that applies to all products. In addition, you can assign a different tax rate to individual products.
If you want all, or most of the products in your store to have the same tax rate, here's how you can set it.
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Jimdo Creator website’s edit mode
- Open the menu on the top left and click on Store
- Then select Settings
- Under Tax you can now check the box Activate Tax and then enter the desired value in percent
- Click Save at the very bottom
Should you deactivate taxes here, then you can write an additional statement that explains why you're exempt from taxes.
How do I change the tax rate of individual products?
If you want to sell certain products with a different tax rate, you make this change directly on the product itself.
To do this, click on the corresponding product in the edit mode and open the Additional options. Then tick the Tax rate checkbox, enter the desired value in the field behind it and press Save to finish.
Important general note
Please note that the prices of your products will not be automatically adjusted when you change the tax rate. We advise you to review the prices of your products after you have made these changes.
How do I adjust the tax of my shipping costs?
If you change the general taxes as described above, the tax rate for the shipping costs will change automatically. If you want to make your own adjustments here or review the changes, you can do so in the menu under Store > Shipping Costs >Additional Information. Remember to save any changes by clicking on Save.